|Deputy Care Manager
|Leicester: 2 Alexandra House, Tigers Close off Tigers Way, Wigston, LE18 4AE
Nottingham: 139 Mansfield Street, Sherwood, Nottingham NG5 4BD
|Holiday club locations may vary
Support assistants within FTM Dance facilitate and support individuals to access our sessions, activities and workshops (e.g. dance, drama, music, art).
As part of a team, support assistants provide individuals with high quality support and care, in line with FTM Dance values (creative, caring and person centred), policies and procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily tasks expected of a Support Assistant could include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting and encouraging individuals to engage in FTM Dance provisions such as sessions, activities and workshops.
- Supporting individuals’ independence, choices and communication to ensure positive relationships and participation, through encouragement, creative thinking and support.
- Supporting individuals in their personal care tasks, medication(s) and other essential daily routines such as toileting and fluid/nutritional needs.
- Supporting individuals with their health related tasks, such as gastrostomy, emergency medication and respiratory care etc.
- Providing Tapestry reports on service users’ activities during the day, noting any significant events that have occurred to ensure parents/careers are kept informed.
- Supporting individuals in their times of need, including when in crisis, where verbal de-escalation and positive handling intervention is necessary and proportionate to the situation.
- General cleaning duties are expected as part of the role. This could include, but not limited to: hoovering, mopping, discarding of waste, cleaning surfaces, clearing up spillages etc.
- Other general tasks that may be required for the smooth running of the service.
- Together with other team members, provide a friendly, positive and productive atmosphere.
- Act as a role model in all interactions with service users, parents/careers, colleagues and visitors to the service.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and guidelines, as set out in the employee handbook and contract of employment, including taking all reasonable steps to manage and promote a healthy working environment.
- To participate in personal development, appraisals and training as required by the post, including satisfactory completion of all mandatory training set by FTM Dance. Attend yearly refresher courses for mandatory training to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and is intended only to highlight the core duties and responsibilities. The duties of this post may be subject to change over time and in consultation with the postholder if necessary.